Welcome to our new website! We are introducing a new exciting and modern design to our logo and website. Please send any comments/suggestions to email@example.com. Thank you for you continued support.
May 9, 2018
Scareware – What is it and how do you get rid of it?
What is it?
Scareware is malicious software that tricks computer users into visiting malware-infested websites. The reason it has this name is because it is designed to scare you and make you think there is something wrong with your computer. The good news is that this message is almost always just a persistent pop-up that stays in front of other windows.
How do I get rid of it?
The best way to get rid of these messages is to follow these steps:
Note: You will lose all unsaved work that had been done during your internet browsing session.
1. Hit the ctrl-alt-del buttons at the same time or right-click the time in the bottom right hand corner of the screen and click Task Manager in the menu that pops up.
2. In the window that opens, left-click the name of the web browser you are using. The most common choices are Google, Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer.
3. Click End Task.
4. Reopen the web browser and choose to not restore closed pages if the option is given.
1. Hit the command-option-esc buttons at the same time or left-click the Apple menu in the top left-hand corner of the screen and click Force Quit in the dropdown menu.
2. In the window the opens, left-click the name of the web browser you are using. The most common choices are Google, Chrome, Firefox and Safari.
3. Click Force Quit.
4. Reopen the web browser and choose to not Restore closed pages if the option is given
These messages are most commonly received by clicking on a malicious ad or mistyping the name of a website (e.g. amazno.com, mircosoft.com, facebok.com).
The hope of those that put these messages there is that you will call the number in the warning. They will tell you that you have a serious problem with your computer and that they can help. They will request access to your computer by using a remote desktop application. Once in your computer they can copy files from your computer to access confidential information or use benign technical information to attempt to convince you to buy counterfeit software from them. There are many ways that they can make money from this scam but the important thing to remember is that there is a reason it is called SCAREWARE.
If you need help with any unwanted popup message, please call us at 860-836-4191.
February 22, 2018
Unlimited Monthly Maintenance Plans
We Care Computers now offers an ALL INCLUSIVE/PLATINUM Monthly Maintenance Plan. With this package we will monitor your systems, back up your files, protect you from malicious web traffic, update your servers and much more.
The all-inclusive plan includes:
- Remote help desk support
- Onsite repairs – normal onsite repair for hardware malfunctions/minor repairs
- Server support – remote and onsite
- Switch and firewall management
- Remote monitoring/management of all workstations and servers:
- Remote monitoring
- Antivirus protection
- Web protection
- Patch management
- MOB – 500gb per server
- Monthly reports
- And Much More
Call us at 860-836-4191 for more information.